Each one of our team members play an important role in keeping the agency a well-oiled machine. In our ‘meet the team’ series, we share insights into the lives of the talented individuals that make up our Yoghurt Digital family.
1. What Do You Do At Yoghurt Digital?
Besides being one of the Co-Founders of Yoghurt Digital, I head up the User Experience & Conversion Optimisation team. I am responsible for setting the strategy for all user experience, conversion optimisation and analytics projects with the sales team. It’s my responsibility to ensure the team has everything they need to deliver on all their projects at the highest possible calibre.
Aside from that, as a business owner, I do what all business owners do – wear different hats depending on what’s required at the time. This ranges from strategy, HR, operations, finance and accounting, and more.
2. If You Weren’t Doing That, What Would You Be Doing?
I got involved with digital because I wanted to make the Internet a better place so I’ll always be doing that.
I love games (of both the board and video variety) so I’d love to explore something in that space someday.
3. What does a typical day look like for you?
Every day is different, but the day-to-day stuff would be:
- Communicating with clients to get a better understanding of their pain points
- Ensuring all projects are on track and smoothing out any bumps along the way
- Innovating our user experience and conversion optimisation service offerings
- Playing around with new tools that help with processes or increasing output efficiency
- Making sure everyone in the company has what they need
- Aiding the sales team in delivering innovative leading solutions
- Walking my dog (and the office dog), Louie, our Chief Floofer
4. What is your favourite thing about working at Yoghurt Digital?
Our team – we’ve built a family of smart, driven and passionate individuals.
Our clients – we’re working with some incredible companies – big and small – that entrust us with their success.
The projects – I get to deliver work that makes a meaningful impact for our clients and their customers. It’s nice to know that we’re making a difference in people’s everyday lives.
5. What are the values that drive you in work and life?
Never accepting the status quo as there’s always a better way to do things. Einstein once said, “As soon as you stop learning, you start dying”, and I believe there’s still lots of learning for me to do. I’m excited to continue innovating our service offering and our processes.
6. What do you enjoy doing outside of work?
I’ve recently become obsessed with American BBQ after a trip to Austin, Texas. The low and slow method infuses meat with smoke over a long period of time. It can turn what would typically be low grade cuts of meat into the most delicious, mouth-watering meal you’ve ever had. I think what draws me in is the amount of care, patience and technique required to produce such tasty outcomes.
I have been known to get up at midnight and BBQ for 12+ hours straight without sleep. You can’t rush the process and you can’t just follow a recipe, step by step, every time. There are so many variables like the size and type of wood you’re burning, the temperature and humidity of the day, the cut of meat, the size of the cut, how much fat it’s got on it, I could go on and on and on but you’re probably not listening anymore…
7. What are your top 3 favourite books OR podcasts?
- An old folk story called Stone Soup. Depending on how you view the world it’s either a lesson in how to con people or a lesson in sharing. You get to decide if the glass is half full or half empty.
- Think & Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill. Whilst the title screams self-help and the content is a bit dated, what I like about this book is how it teaches the importance of mindset and perspective.
- Charlie & The Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl. Mmm…chocolate. I’m also partial to the original Willy Wonka movie (Gene Wilder PLEASE, none of that Johnny Depp rubbish) because it gave us the magical song that is ‘Pure Imagination’.
8. What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?
How you do one thing is how you do everything. Everything you do at any time should be your 100%. Including American BBQ. Yes, I’m still talking about that.
9. What’s your favourite spot in Sydney?
It has to be the Bondi Golf Club at night. You have to jump a fence and make your way across the greens before climbing a small hill. At the top, you’ll be rewarded with an incredible view of the city lights on one side and the open ocean on the other.
Pro Tip: Bring a jacket with you!
10. If you had to eat one meal, every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Pizza – you can literally put anything on a pizza. Hankering for dessert? Nutella Pizza. Need some fried chicken in your life? Fried chicken pizza. Like I said, anything!
11. What is the first thing you would buy if you won the lottery?
A private island with monkey butlers and coconut nintendos.
12. What’s your usual coffee order?
Double shot latte in the morning before heading in to work.
Double shot latte upon arrival at work.
And espressos only for the rest of the day.
No, you’re the caffeine junkie!